Information about accessibility in our UK office
At AXA IM, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible office to all our staff, clients and visitors. In designing our offices, we consider how a variety of people access, use, and exit our offices with dignity. If you would like more information regarding accessibility of our office at 22 Bishopsgate or support during your visit, please reach out to the AXA IM employee who is your main point of contact.
Arrival, entrance, and reception
Accessible means of arrival, such as drop-off locations and accessible parking, are available. Please reach out to the AXA IM employee who is your main point of contact for information and support.
The building entrances may be accessed in the following ways:
- The step-free main entrances.
- The entrance from the Undershaft street with a staircase of 12 steps or the stairlift behind the colourful holding to the left of the stairs. Press G to reach entrance level.
The entrance doors have an accessibility button for ease of access and staff are available to see and assist visitors.
Floor 14 is reachable from the elevators at bank D on ground level. This is the floor you would arrive to as a visitor to register yourself at reception. Upon entering our offices through the elevators, at Floor 14, our reception staff are there to greet and assist you.
Floor 15 is reachable from Floor 1 at bank G. In the case you would like to reach Floor 15 from ground level, please press the accessibility button below the digital displays and then select Floor 15.
- Elevators that are over 1100 by 1400 mm wide are available between all levels. There are digital displays outside the elevators to select the floor number and be allocated a lift. Press the button right below the displays to enhance their accessibility.
- Circulation on all floor levels is step free, slip-resistant, and well-lit with even lighting. The floor throughout is of stone or short pile carpets.
- Doors within the office are currently opened manually. Assistance can be provided to open doors across the office.
- Assistance Dogs are welcome throughout the building. Please reach out to the AXA IM employee who is your main point of contact in case you would like to bring an assistance dog into the office.
- The majority of meeting rooms have dimmable lighting.
Employees and visitors with hearing loss can be provided with portable induction loops in our meeting rooms. Please let the AXA IM employee who is your main point of contact know in advance if you would like to utilise one. There is also a signed induction loop installed at reception.
An induction loop is a communication system that provides hearing assistance to those using hearing aids.
Sanitary and health facilities
The accessible WCs, which also function as gender-neutral WCs, are adjacent to the male WCs.
There is a Medical/First Aid Room on Floor 14 which also may be used as a nursing room.
Our office also includes:
- Quiet spaces
- A multi-faith room on Floor 14
Evacuation signs are clearly marked throughout our office. Please follow these signs and they will take you to the nearest fire protected emergency escape stairwell.
During an evacuation procedure, when you exit the building, you may either disperse away from the building and find a safe place or go to the AXA IM staff muster point, which is close to the Swiss Re building (The Gherkin) in 30 St Mary’s Axe. This is approximately 170 metres away from 22 Bishopsgate.
We can develop Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPs) identifying specific emergency assistance required during an evacuation if needed. If you have a PEEP in place or are unable to exit the building via the stairs during an evacuation, you may use the building emergency escape lift located by the stairwell. There are also two-way communication points by the stairs which can be used during emergencies.
A managed fire evacuation drill takes place once a year, and fire alarms are tested weekly on Thursdays at 10 AM.
Please find information about transport links here: Getting here - 22 Bishopsgate.